Rustic Garlic Soup
The perfect cold weather, immune-boosting meal is a rustic garlic soup. Stock your shelves with gourmet ingredients from TGS to create this healthy and satisfying winter meal. This recipe is a modified Spanish Garlic Soup made with ingredients straight from our shelves! Thought up and tested by an employee who has a passion for cooking and recipe creation, this soup will keep you warm through the chilly winter.
- *Borgo de’ Medici Marinated Garlic with Herbs, 10-12 cloves
- *Bourbon Smoked Chef’s Blend seasoning salt, 1 tbsp
- *L’Estornell Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2-3 tbsp
- *Amore Garlic Paste, 1-2 tbsp
- *White wine, 2 tbsp
- *French baguette, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- Two eggs whisked well
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- *Salt & pepper
All items marked with an * are in stock at TGS
- Heat olive oil in a medium-large pot over medium-low heat.
- Add French baguette to olive oil, constantly flipping until bread is crispy and soaked through with the oil.
- Remove baguette and set aside.
- Roughly chop marinated garlic and add to the pot, being generous with more olive oil from the marinated garlic jar.
- Add Bourbon Smoked Chef’s Blend and sauté 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with white wine and cook a minute more.
- Add garlic paste and mix until well combined and fragrant.
- Add stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for ten minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk two eggs until completely blended. Slowly drizzle the eggs into the broth. Do not let the soup boil and only stir gently. Try not to break the threads of the egg. Cook for two minutes.
- Place crispy baguette in the bottom of your bowl. Gently ladle the garlic soup over top. Add salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
For a heartier soup, we recommend adding roasted chicken, grated Parmigiano, or sauteed shrimp!
We would love to see your Cooking with TGS recipes! Tag us with #cookingwithTGS and we might feature your dish on Instagram!