Earl Grey & Ricotta Pancakes
with an Orange Marmalade Syrup
At TGS, we love a gourmet brunch (mimosas, anyone?!), but we understand that not everyone can visit our café every weekend. By combining a few of our favorite products in the shop, we have come up with a deliciously fluffy pancake recipe that is sure to give you the title of “Best Chef” for your home brunch. Tea-flavored baked goods have been really popular lately and ricotta cheese has been a classic fluffy pancake ingredient, so this recipe combines the new and the old to create these decadently fluffy, tangy pancakes.
- 2 cups whole milk or an extra-creamy plant milk
- *3 oz loose leaf Republic of Tea Earl Grey Tea (or 3 tea bags)
- *3/4 cup Calabro whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- *1 tablespoon Lyle’s Golden Syrup (or Maple syrup if you prefer)
- *2 teaspoons Nielsen-Massey vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons orange zest with a splash of orange juice
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Your preferred toppings: fresh fruit, hemp or chia seeds, granola, chopped nuts
- For the Orange Marmalade syrup, place 2 tbsp *Tiptree Tawny Orange Marmalade into a pan with 2-3 teaspoons of water. Heat on low until syrup is at the desired consistency, adding more water if needed.
All items marked with an * are in stock at TGS
Bring your milk to a low boil in a small saucepan just until steaming. Remove from heat and add your loose-leaf earl grey tea in a mesh strainer. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Remove the strainer and discard the tea leaves.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the earl grey milk, ricotta, eggs, butter, Lyle’s Golden Syrup, vanilla extract, and orange zest. Stir in your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) until just combined. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes (this helps them get even fluffier!).
While the batter sits, heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or add a little butter. Once the pan is preheated, pour the batter into the center of the pan. Wait until bubbles appear on the surface before flipping. Cook until golden brown.
Serve the pancakes drizzled with the marmalade syrup and fresh fruit or get creative and try different combinations of toppings!
We would love to see your Cooking with TGS recipes! Tag us with #cookingwithTGS and we might feature your dish on Instagram!